- A fortune cookie fortune.
- Something you've had posted on your bulletin board or refrigerator that can be taken down now : )
- A spare clothing button (or buttons) from the stash you are SAVING JUST IN CASE when you damn well know you don't even HAVE the item of clothing it came with!
- An item from your kitchen junk drawer that you have no idea why it is there --maybe a washer (do you DO your own plumbing?) a key to nowhere? a GROSS of twistie ties? (seriously--how many can I USE in a lifetime?)
- A receipt you saved but is SO OLD the ink is faded beyond legibility.
- A Post-it/"Sticky" Note.
- An expired coupon.
- A cancelled postage stamp you saved because it was too pretty to throw away!
- A freebie address label that is not quite correct, but close enough that you saved it JUST IN CASE!
- A piece of lined notebook paper. Any style.
- A postcard you will never send (or one you received but are only keeping to be polite.)
- A paper clip or other "office supply" fastener.
- A reminder card to a dentist or doctor appt that has been rescheduled or already happened.
- A rubberband or elastic hairband.
- A piece of ribbon too short to tie into a bow, but too long (or pretty) to throw away!
See how easy it is to make art? Everything you need can be found in your "junk drawer" or catch-all basket or the bottom of your purse or bookbag or on your desk right in front of you. Can't wait to see what you CREATE! Please post a link to your cards in the comments--Aimee and I wanna SEEEEEE!
P.S. I used 6 items from the list:
- Notebook paper is the base of the card;
- Rob's tuxedo pick-up reminder card from New Year's Eve (off on the fridge --the danger of those cool magnetic baskets is they FILL UP!)
- Fortune cookie fortune (from the bulletin board)
- Paper clip
- Postage stamp saved from a Tracy Porter catalog
- Piece of ribbon
P.P.S. Sorry for the crummy photo above. I first scanned it (see below)...but that just smooshed the pretty paper flower. When are they going to invent a scanner for 3D objects? : )