Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fabric fabric everywhere...


....but not in the trashcan!
That's right. I admit it. I cannot toss even the SMALLEST smidge of fabric. Is it just me or do you "real quilters" and seamstresses do this? I have a stash of cut pieces as large as 9" squares, and my "save this piece because it is AMY BUTLER FOR HEAVENS SAKE!" and the 2x2" pieces awaiting assembly into a postage stamp quilt...all the way down to piles of snips from the yo-yo's.

And yes...I actually sat today and stitched a fistful of the yo-yo scrappies onto a piece of canvas.

Don't ask how much time I spent arranging and rearranging the bits and pieces.

It's a sickness, isn't it?

5 comments:

CB Mauro said...

There are worse sicknesses you could have. While I have managed to stop saving most scraps I don't feel bad about it anymore because I'm saving them for you!!!!!!!

jenwcom said...

a beautiful sickness.

Cameron said...

Ha ha, I agree with Cath!! :)

Niki said...

Sooz - I LOVE the scraps all sewn together like that!!!!!! That is the BEST!!!! xo miss you :)

Aimee said...

it looks really coolio--- that would be pretty hanging on the wall.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox