Thursday, November 01, 2007

New Quilting Lingo "Jellyrolls"*

*New to me, that is. So I have today and tomorrow off, giving me a luxurious 4! day! weekend! LOVE THAT! And today I was off again in search of Heather Bailey fabric (no luck) and learning more about the quilt shops in the area. I ventured to LANCASTER, PA - land of the quilting, no? Found a lovely shop manned by a nice gentleman who knew his fabrics....when I went to pay -- at the register was his 12yr old son. Friendly and efficient young man-but seriously, aren't there laws about this? OK...I digress..... back to the fabrics.

So MODA has this new clever packaging of their fabric....long strips (40 in a pack) 2 1/2 inches by 45 inches ...and I bought a pattern that had my-name-written-all-over-it because the pieces are not EVEN and the rows are not perfectly straight. YUM! (Of course, I was not able to get the BLOSSOM fabric like in the photo on the pattern...but instead bought "Shangri-La"- which was appealing to me as well. Will give it a go and let you know how it comes out.

No comments: