Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week 38 - "Draw Something"


Catching up with my posting - this one was tough for me. I LOVE to draw - but I am SO lousy at it. Rather, I am so inconsistent - because sometimes, every once in a great while, I actually draw something I like. But the next ten or twelve attempts? Not so much. So this card is about the one time I was doodling during a (very boring) meeting at work. I drew my engagement ring...and I liked it so much I saved it (inset). And though I haven't been able to recreate it, at least now my little scrappy sketch has a permanent home on this card! Thanks, Emily, for the fun prompt!

Painted the card with acrylic blue paint; drawing done with black Pitt finepoint artist pen and Zig Millennium Pure Pink pen on notebook paper; accents done with gold Pen Touch ink pen.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

i really love this...so fun and whimisical and i agree, a great drawing...

i always wish i was an artist...sigh....

Kate said...

k, love your blog, so creative!! and i saw in your flicker set that you love amy butler. nuff said. agreed.
:) thanks for visiting my blog!!