Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Week 33 - Emily's Art Challenge - 10 minutes!


Loved this challenge from Emily - you were to take 10 minutes to create your card. I opened my "stash box" and picked through for a few collage-y type things I have been "saving" (for no specific purpose, of course - just my regular pack-ratting) - and asked Rob to "time me." I stopped when the 10 minutes were up (except to add my date and "No. 33" stamp--uh-oh --did I break a rule?) The hardest part was getting the words together from the set of stickers I was working with (I wanted to write "time is up!" - but there was no "up" on the sheet....) In the end, I like the way it came out - even though I know if I hadn't put a time limit on it I'd still be sitting there agonizing -- "should I add a gilded border with silver or gold pen?" "should I add some rhinestones or glitter glue accents to her hair or gown?" "think I could fit this chandelier cut-out at the top?".....

Photo is from a magazine, the quote is from a catalog; border is collage art (printed onto matte photo paper) from Sally Jean's book "Pretty Little Things;" rhinestones glued on with Diamond Glaze; sticker words are Making Memories "Travel" set.




No comments: