Thursday, April 19, 2007

Week 15 - Art Deck...."Parents"

This week, Emily's art deck challenge prompt was "Parents."

Been mulling this one over all week...decided on using my parents' wedding portrait -- with just a bit of jazzing up (Primo flower smooshed into a carnation boutonniere for my dad, some glitter glue highlights and swirls with a white Signo pen--which didn't work too well on the glossy photo paper.) Love this photo...but it's bittersweet because my dad died so young (at 40).

Journaling is a simple thanks for the best gifts my parents gave me (stories are too long and boring to anyone but me...they are about my dad sticking up for me and my mom always being there with a cool hand on my forehead when I was sick...nothing more soothing than the mom-magic- touch.)

3 comments:

Je@net said...

Oooh, what a great picture!

Anonymous said...

You got a great photo of your parents !!, very nice card !!, greetings Dani

Karalenn Hippen said...

AAaawwwwh. What a beautiful photo. They are such a handsome couple. Very tender journaling too. It made me mushy-gushy. :)