Friday, November 20, 2009

2009 Project Grateful {#9}

Friday, November 20, 2009

20 more things for which I am grateful:
  1. A recipe for homemade spray starch! (recipe here)
  2. BIG trashbags that don't RIP when you fill them.
  3. Tap water (in our township at least!) doesn't skeeve me.
  4. Sirryha's random hugs and squeezes at dinner tonight. (Always best when they are unexpected and unsolicited! awww....so stinkin SWEET!)
  5. Restaurants with paper tablecloths and a generous supply of crayons.
  6. That I always use the crayons at restaurants - even if there are no children with me.
  7. Sirryha's newly discovered love for STICKERS - and that Rob doesn't mind when she'd rather put them all over HIM than in the storybooks they come with!
  8. Honeycrisp apples. SO yum.
  9. Rob is eating the bag of cucumbers that I mistakenly bought at Produce Junction thinking it was a bag of zucchini. (oops)
  10. ZIP LOCK BAGGIES. Sandwich size and the quart size. How did I live without thee?
  11. Rob is not an "I don't DO leftovers guy."
  12. Emeril's Spicy Garlic Bread recipe from "back in the day" (recipe can be found here.)
  13. My "Thanksgiving Dinner" binder that I've kept since 2001...which has chronicled everything from the cost of the turkey, to each recipe and guest list.
  14. Jackie's Christmas book that she has kept for over 15 years that has all the special gifts received, breakfast and dinner menus, their annual Christmas card, and Mikayla's and David's letters to and from Santa. Seriously priceless!
  15. Being ALMOST caught up with my correspondence....
  16. Anna Maria Horner's Folksy Flannels are now available by the bundle in her shop!
  17. My navy blue leather clogs that are almost a decade old, were never attractive, but are the most comfy shoes I own.
  18. That the "business casual" dress code at work means I don't have to wear pantyhose every day ('nuff said, eh?)
  19. That Rob came across a Miley Cyrus concert on TV, and he played the same three songs over and over again for Sirryha (via DVR) just because she loved it. "Again, Daddy!"
  20. Getting to watch Sirryha eat ice cream. (She dips the spoon into the bowl of ice cream, and then delicately licks the ice cream off the spoon...one wee lap at a time...as if it is on a cone? I am not sure. But it is adorable to me, at the same time shocking that any child would not devour a scoop of chocolate ice cream! She maybe gets a spoonful down via this method!)

No comments: