Sunday, July 20, 2008

WEEK 5 - Art Deck - Whose Style Do You Admire?


Week 5 Art Deck Prompt: WHOSE STYLE DO YOU ADMIRE?

I've been doing a lot of doodling lately (admittedly during some tedious meetings at work--shhh--don't tell. I don't notice ANYONE else in these particular meetings doing this...how do they stand it? Hours and hours on end - my mind wanders....ANYWAY)
Recently I discovered Hugh MacLeod's Gaping Void "Streetcards" - blog cards (instead of "business cards") and I fell in love with his cartoons. I think he is just brilliant. Love his "How to Be Creative" posting. My doodlings of late have clearly been influenced by the "cityscapes" I see in his drawings - love the chaotic crowded, busy-ness his cartoons invoke--so interesting to me that what looks like a mere ink scribbling is SO not effortless to duplicate! Again--the crafter in me admires the originality in the artist.

So whose style do you admire of late?
Blue patterned paper from a humongous pack from Sam's Club (sorry, I forget the mfr); standard-fare notepaper; black Sharpie pen; "blah blah blah" stamp-A Muse Artstamps; "cups of coffee" stamp-Zettiology; date stamp- Staples; text tape-Heidi Swapp; rub-on '5' -Making Memories; torn ticket from my "save this" stash!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your card. i looked at that guys style and its SO cool. i love your rendition even better.

Anonymous said...

Sooz you rule. this is kick behind:)
you are onto something with this doodling.