Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Finish one before starting another...."

(click on the image for full size view...sorry the scan is so crummy...in a rush!)

...isn't that what mom taught us? Do we ever NOT have ninety-twelve projects started at once, though?

When I started the Emily Mini Art Journal group last year I PROMISED myself I would FINISH IT. And I was really good....until the end....somehow I missed 12 weeks!! But I took notes and kept a list of what the prompts were each week, and ideas for how I would do my cards for when the muse struck again....

And now...before we start this again tomorrow....I am determined to get my 2007 cards DONE.


With that...here are the first 5 (number 6 is still drying) of my last 12...no photos on these cards cause I am out of ink for the printer....and I cheated and used some NEW product....but ohhh it was GOOD getting back into these little 'canvases!'
Off to a graduation party.....will post the FIRST PROMPT first thing tomorrow!!
and off we GO!
Week 40 card: card was pre-prepped with purple paint and a glitter wash; collaged bits from magazines and my "scratch paper" - used Sharpie marker to journal...and those wonderful Making Memories little number stickers. Journaling on the back reads: " NOT ANYMORE! I am not afraid to cut, tear, rip, paint, splash, mess up, try new things when it comes to ART! I will not hoard my papers and embellies! I will stop being afraid to JUST DO IT!"
Week 41 card: Gold foil rubbed directly onto card (base was pre-prepared last year...not sure of the brand of this foil); Making Memories rub-on letters, word stickers are EK Success's Bookworks; gems are from the dollar bin at Joanne Fabrics ; ribbon was purchased by the yard at MLPA - sorry,don't know the vendor! Journaling ont he back reads: "If I had a magic carpet, I'd wisk us off to all the exotic places we've never been. India and Thailand would certainly be first stops. And all the tropical islands would be next!"
Week 46 card: Card is covered with pink/peach patterned paper (I forget the manufacturer...Aim--it's from my INSPIRED book...do you remember all the pink and orange?); "Dream" is cut from a word cardstock strip; votive pics are from the Tracy Porter catalogue; "Green Tea" perfume label is from my favorite perfume that Anthropologie no longer carries!! boo hoo; ribbon is Martha Stewart; Ribbon tape is Amy Butler; bling is My Minds Eye; sticker "bliss" word and letters are Making Memories. This is my favorite of this latest bunch!
Week 47 card: Patterned paper is Basic Grey's Stella Ruby; Olive green solid cardstock is Stampin' Up!; mini floral strip & 'carefree' sticker are Amy Butler; Rub on words and } are My Mind's Eye; Mini letter/number stickers are Making Memories (teal--so gorgeous!) Journaling on the back reads: "My Happy Place is anywhere I can carve out a space to create....preferably with Rob close by enjoying a book or movie while I multi-task!"
Week 51 card: Picture from a Somerset Studios magazine adhered to card; edges painted with green acrylic paint; purple floss is DMC; Journaling on back reads: "This week's prompt is "Made me think of you." This image so reminds me of my gram and pap. They always planted pansies and violas and the handwriting on the postcard looks a little like my Gram's. Always as the holidays approach, I miss you."

No comments: