Friday, May 09, 2008

I am Crazy. Thus I have begun a Crazy Nine Patch Quilt.




Yes, I know I have another quilt that is not finished (gettin' there, Lyndee! Honest!)

Yes, I know Ethan is almost 15 and I haven't finished his Bar Mitzvah scrapbook. (In my head I have...I promise it will be done before LANDY's Bar Mitzvah!)

And yes, I know the house will not clean itself, the laundry will not do itself, and the refrigerator will not restock itself. I will get to it. Seriously. Eventually. Maybe even tomorrow.

But for now....the baseball game is on....Rob is cozy on the couch...and the sound of the sewing machine is soothing to me and reminds me of Gram.

And this fabric is delish. (progress photos of the actual blocks tomorrow!)

EDITED, SATURDAY MORNING, 7:10 a.m.: Some pics of the blocks so far!! Cannot wait to just stitch these babies together in one big panel (no sashing...that looks too "country" to me). Think I can get it all done today? Time me!

Oh crap. I put the MISTAKE one on the TOP. I really need to hire a professional photographer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! love the fabric.

all i did yesterday was clean house. it just does not give the same satisfaction as creating.

i try to look at house work as a project. but it just doesn't work. it's so... groundhog day. ya know?