Sunday, December 03, 2006

CHRISTMAS ART JOURNAL


Is there anything more exciting (and/or intimidating!) than a blank page? I so want to be an artist...but I know myself to be a "crafter" - great at producing and imitating -- but sadly, not an original. And I have gone astray from my daily journaling...gotta get that habit back!

So...Treated myself to Shimelle's Christmas Art Journal class today (www.shimelle.com)...even tho it started Dec 1---I plan to get "caught up" before retiring for the night.

This is incentive to discipline myself to JOURNAL more....

I hereby declare, along with Shimmelle and the others, my MANIFESTO:

I will keep a Christmas journal.

In it, I will write something every day to reflext on the holidays of my past, enjoy the holidays of the present and dream about the holidays of my future. To some, this will be a stack of papers and trivial scribbles, but not to me. I am taking back my Christmas. I am letting it be something I relish and, most importantly, I am giving at least fifteen minutes every day to myself no matter how crazy this season becomes. I hope you will share, encourage and understand as I make something with my own hands, my own words, and my own memories.

So..thanks to Shimelle and all the others who have posted their pages thus far...you inspire me and I am excited to create and share the holiday spirit with you.

Off to CREATE I go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad to see you creating again...love the manifesto..going to check out the site now.
and...you are not a stalker...you are an admirer. is that spelled right?