Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I Caved...

...I said I wasn't going to do it.

I don't NEED another notebook/journal.
I am sure a regular dollar store composition notebook would have worked JUST FINE.

But...

I really, really, really wanted to try the Moleskine notebook like all the cool girls have for their art journals! (Surely that is the secret to fabulous spreads, no?)

Precisely!

And so far, I am in love.

Behold my new journal for my Lovely Notions class.



Kraft cover, decoupaged with papers from the Lovely Notions class, plus a paper doily and some K&Company bling and paper ribbon tape in Wild Saffron. The fabric insert on the lovely lady's dress is fabric from my wedding dress (swatches I have been saving for TEN YEARS. Oy.)

First exercise was to use a favorite quote.

Turned out quite lovely indeed, if I do say so!

3 comments:

Cameron said...

Love it! And I love, love, love Moleskines! :)

Anonymous said...

I love journals. I never fully use one though. I have numerous half filled journals/notebooks. Maybe one day....:)

cathyb said...

Hi Susan I can so tell "you get it" just by your blog!!!
thanks for stopping by and I'm so glad you liked the article in Art Journaling!!
I'm the same way about new journals - I keep buying them and you know what - I got a moleskine too - all the best journallers say they love moleskine - but I haven't tried it yet - looks like it works great!